Bidding has begun, but there’s still time left to win some neat items while supporting an area animal organization and local businesses.
The Humane Society of Chittenden County (HSCC) is now holding Paws for the Cause -- its first-ever virtual auction that is set to close at 9 p.m. Thursday, Feb. 25. A live auction portion of the event will be streaming on Facebook starting at 6 p.m.
“The human-animal bond is stronger than ever, and the demand for companion animals has increased during the pandemic along with requests for our Surrender Prevention programs that help people and pets stay together,” said Joyce Cameron, president & CEO of HSCC. “These programs and services come at a significant cost, and decreased revenue means we are even more reliant on community support to support our mission-driven work.”
There are over 50 items to bid on in the silent auction and four high-ticket items up for grabs in the live auction.
Silent auction prizes include:
- Two beginner packages for Petra Cliffs Climbing Center & Mountaineering School
- One month of classes at Villari’s Self Defense & Wellness Center, LLC
- One-year membership to Yoga Oggi
- Laptop backpack with outdoor bluetooth speaker
- Birnn Chocolates of Vermont
- 2-person paddling rental for 2 hours or 1-person paddling rental for 2 hours from Community Sailing Center
- 2 seats to any regular event at Burlington Paint & Sip Studios
- Various pet products
High-ticket items are:
- Gift certificate to New England Inns & Resorts ($500 value)
- Hobo Sheila bag ($328 value)
- Tanzanite ring from After Midnight Jewelers ($3,399 value)
- Two-night stay at Votel Vermont paired with $100 gift certificate to Hen of the Wood ($600 value)
This fundraising event will support HSCC's community programs, services, and the more than 1,100 animals that will come through its doors this year.
Helping make the event possible is NorthCountry Federal Credit Union, People’s United Bank, Burlington Emergency Veterinary Services, Bullrock Solar, and FoodScience Corporation.
View all available items at auctria.com/auction/hscc or download the Auctria app and search for “HSCC” to find the event.