On Monday, the website of the Milton Independent got an upgraded look and a variety of new features.
The changes modernize the look of the site and make it easier to find your favorite content. You’ll find more in-depth navigation and on both the desktop and mobile versions of the site.
Here’s a look at what you will find:
• More content: Now you can find lots of new content through sections like News and Things to Do. Both of those sections showcase additional related sections. For example, under News, filter stories by category like Crime, Government, Environment, Health and more.
• Ask us a question: Through Milton FAQ, you can ask us to look into something you are wondering about, and see what recent reader questions we answered.
• New calendar: Explore the more robust calendar, where you’ll find events across our region. You can also register for a free account to submit your events.
• Contact our reporters: Every story now features not only a photo of its writer, but a biography and contact information.
• Sign up for the newsletter: It’s now easier than ever to sign up for our morning newsletter. At the top left of the site, click on "Newsletters" to subscribe.
• Comment: Have a question or comment about a particular story? Create an account to leave comments at the end of an article.
• Weather: On the right side of all of our pages, you will find a brief overview of local weather. Weather alerts will be indicated by a red box.
We hope you enjoy the changes we made to www.miltonindependent.com. The new site reflects the Independent's commitment to Milton and to strong, community-centered journalism.
Please share your feedback with Staff Writer Bridget Higdon by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.