MILTON — Heavy fire swept through a home on Birch Lane early Wednesday morning.
The fire started in the garage around 1 a.m. June 30, while the Cannon-McClellan family was asleep. Milton Fire Department responded quickly to the scene and was able to contain most of the fire to the garage.
Neighbors across the street alerted the family to the flames. Though most the most damage was sustained to the garage, the home is currently uninhabitable.
A GoFundMe organized by Milton community members has raised $13,725 as of 8:45 p.m. July 1.