The Milton Police Department responded to 143 incidents between Sept. 10-16.
Friday, Sept. 10:
Rebecca Lander Dr- 8:51 a.m.
- Officer Raymond, School Resource Officer, accompanied a number of High School classes that were doing a community service clean up at Bombardier Park East & West.
Bombardier Road-2:34 p.m.
- Sargent Locke and Corporal Coulombe assisted a Milton driver with a car seat safety inspection.
Taylor St-4:29 p.m.
- Corporal Coulombe and Sargent LaFountain were dispatched to a residence on Taylor Street where is was reported that an individual who was not legally permitted to be on the property was in the driveway. MPD had responded to the residence several times earlier in the day for the same issue. Ultimately, Julian Provost, of Colchester, was taken in to custody for Violating Conditions of Release, and will appear in Court at a later date.
Saturday, Sept. 11:
US RT 7 / Dunkin' Donuts-9:59 a.m.
- Sargent. Locke responded to the area of US Route 7 and Dunkin' Donuts for the report of a vehicle operating erratically. He was able to locate the vehicle, and made contact with the driver. While no signs of impairment were noted, the driver was given a warning for their erratic operation.
East Road-12:49 p.m.
- Corporal. Coulombe was dispatched to the area of East and Duffy road where is was reported a vehicle was failing to maintain their lane. While en route, it was also reported that the operator had sideswiped a guardrail on East Road. Upon making contact with the driver, standard field sobriety tests were completed. As a result, Duane Cross, of Milton, was arrested for suspicion of Driving Under the Influence and will appear in court at a later date.
Sunday, Sept. 12:
River St-9:35 p.m.
- Ofc. Corbin responded to a residence on River Street where the residents reported it appeared the lock on their door had been tampered with. While nothing seemed to be missing inside, the incident was documented.
Monday, Sept. 13:
Beebe Hill Road-6:35 p.m.
- Officer Schiavo was dispatched to Beebe Hill Road with the report of a single car accident where the vehicle went over the embankment. The vehicle was only occupied by the driver, who sustained a injury and was ultimately transported to UVM Medical Center. It was discovered that alcohol was a factor in the crash and the incident is under investigation.
Rita Way-8:52 p.m.
- Officer Bosworth responded to a incident on Rita Way to perform a welfare check on a resident. Officer Bosworth met with a number of involved parties, resulting in a minor altercation. The incident is still under investigation.
Tuesday, Sept. 14:
Us Route 7 S-1:31 p.m.
- Officer McQueen and Sargent LaFountain responded to a where a concerned bank patron of the bank reported the doors were locked on US Route 7 in Milton. Although there was no signs for closure and cars appeared to be in the parking lot, Officer McQueen was able to make contact with the employees of the bank who advised it was a temporary closure and there was no issue.
US RT 7 / Nancy Dr-3:24 p.m.
- While on patrol, Sargent Locke initiated a traffic stop on a vehicle for a number of observed motor vehicle violations. The driver showed signs of impairment, and was subsequently taken into custody for suspicion of Driving Under the Influence. The individual will appear in court at a later date for the charge.
Wednesday, Sept. 15
Woodcrest Cir-5:30 a.m.
- Corporal Grenier responded to a residence on Woodcrest Circle were it was reported that there may have been suspicious lights outside, possibly caused by a flashlight. The area was searched, with nothing suspicious found. It is probable the lights seen were caused by lightening.
River St / Cherry St-11:41 a.m.
- While on patrol, Corporal Coulombe initiated a traffic stop on a vehicle for observed defective equipment. Due to the strong odor of marijuana, consent was given for the vehicle to be searched. The search yielded a small amount of marijuana, and a few other pieces of drug paraphernalia. Due to the operator’s age, these items were seized, and the operator was given a civil citation.
Thursday, Sept. 16
Catamount Dr-8:14 a.m.
- Officer Jones initiated a traffic stop for an observed motor vehicle violation on Catamount Drive. Upon making contact with the operator, it was determined that their license was criminally suspended. The operator was issued a citation and will appear in court at a later date.
W Milton Rd-4:56 p.m.
- Officer Jones was dispatched to a residence on West Milton Road where it was reported that an unknown male backed into the homeowner’s driveway and was unresponsive. Upon making contact with the driver, it was determined that they were under the influence of intoxicants. Andrew Overton, of Essex, was arrested for suspicion of Driving Under the Influence and will appear in court at a later date.