The Milton Police Department responded to 90 incidents between July 30-Aug. 5.
This log would not be possible without the generous assistance of the Milton Police Department.
Lawnwood Dr-12:43 a.m.
- Ofc. McQueen responded to a residence of Lawnwood Drive for a medical alarm activation. The resident activated his alarm because he was hearing metallic clanking and he believed someone was attempting to steal his furnace. The area was searched and nothing of suspicion was noted.
McMullen Rd-5:38 p.m.
- Ofc. Raymond mediated a citizen dispute on McMullen Road. Upon arrival, one of the involved had already departed. It was discovered that while there was pushing and shoving that had occurred, the separation of the parties resolved the incident, and no additional calls were received in regards to the dispute.
Rita Way-12:19 a.m.
- Ofc. Corbin was dispatched to a residence on Rita Way for the report of a disturbance. Upon arrival the resident confirmed there was in a verbal altercation in the driveway, but that the guests that were disputing had departed.
Riverside Dr-1:13 a.m.
- Ofc. Corbin responded to the area of Riverside Drive for an ATV continually traveling on the roadway. Ofc. Corbin was able to locate the ATV and issued the operator a ticket for Operation along a Public Highway.
US RT 7 / Dunkin Donuts-12:01 p.m.
- While on Patrol on Route 7, Ofc. Noel encountered an individual who was driving while under criminal suspension. The driver was ultimately issued a citation to appear in court at a later date for the charge.
W Milton Rd-10:33 p.m.
- Ofc. Schiavo and Ofc. Corbin responded to a residence on W Milton Road for the report of a male and female fighting, verbally, and possibly physically. Upon speaking with both parties who were intoxicated, it was unclear if anything physical did occur. The two individuals were separated for the evening and declined to provide more information to officers.
W Milton Rd-1:18 p.m.
- Ofc. Bosworth assisted the Milton Fire Department with the report of an electrical fire in an Art Studio on West Milton Road. Ofc. Bosworth was able to stay on scene and assist with traffic control until the scene was under control.
Cherry St-8:35 p.m.
- Ofc. Schiavo assisted the Colchester Police Department in locating a vehicle whose operator was involved in a domestic situation and may have been driving under the influence with a child passenger. Upon making contact with the driver, signs of impairment were not noted. The driver did however show signs of agitation and advised that a family member of the child was coming to pick them up. Once the exchange of the child was made, nothing further was required.
Pinewood Ln-3:24 p.m.
- Cpl. Porter was dispatched to the area of Pinewood Lane where a caller advised a person in vehicle with out of state plates had been parked on the street for over two hours. Cpl. Porter was able to speak to the driver and confirmed the individual was there for with a lawful purpose. Nothing further was required.
Warren Rd-10:41 p.m.
- Ofc. Schiavo responded to a residence on Warren Road for a noise complaint between neighbors. Upon arrival, no noise or parties of any kind could be heard.
Murray Ave-7:04 p.m.
- Ofc. Jones mediated a custody dispute between two parties. While ultimately the matter will be handled in Family Court, Ofc. Jones did ensure the child’s safety.
US RT 7 / Dam-10:49 p.m.
- While on patrol, Ofc. Jones checked on a vehicle parked at the Dam Store after hours. The driver advised they were waiting for a friend and that was there meeting place. Nothing further was required.
Haydenberry Dr-10:01 a.m.
- Ofc. Raymond was dispatched to the laundromat on Haydenberry Drive for the report of two dogs left in a vehicle for roughly 45 minutes without the car running. Upon arrival the dogs were not in any distress, and the owner was finishing up their laundry.
Racine Rd, Milton, VT-1:58 p.m.
- Ofc. Noel and Det. Hendry were dispatched to an abandoned building on Racine Road with the report that a car had been parked there earlier in the day, and the building may have been broken in to. The interior was cleared and nothing was found.