The Milton Police Department responded to 131 incidents between Aug. 6-12.
This log would not be possible without the generous assistance of the Milton Police Department.
Overlake Dr, Georgia, VT-2:42 p.m.
- Ofc. Schiavo was dispatched to a residence on Overlake Drive for the report of an unknown male walking through the homeowner’s backyard. The man was also reported to have arrived by kayak and had tied the kayak to the homeowner’s dock, claiming he would be back after he went to the store. It was later determined that the man did have permission to tie up at the neighbor’s house, and was mistaken as to which dock he had utilized. The man departed and nothing further was required.
Westford Rd-10:37 p.m.
- Ofc. McQueen responded to the area of the Town Forrest where it was reported that a vehicle had stopped in the roadway and was throwing objects out of the window towards other vehicles. Upon arrival no such vehicle was present and subsequent searches of the road and parking lot yielded no debris or damaged vehicles.
Park Pl-11:52 p.m.
- While on Patrol of the Bombardier Park area, Cpl. Grenier observed a vehicle back into the wooden fence which separates the roadway from the tennis court. The vehicle did not sustain any damage, and the wooden fence had only a small crack. The operator of the vehicle was given a verbal warning.
Lake Rd / Sanderson Rd-4:48 p.m.
- Ofc. Schiavo was dispatched to the area of Lake and Sanderson road for the report of a vehicle that was unable to maintain their lane of travel. Ofc. Schiavo was able to make contact with the driver who was not impaired, but was noted to be 94 years of age. A verbal warning was given to the driver.
Lake Rd / Everest Rd-5:30 a.m.
- Cpl. Grenier and Ofc. McQueen responded to the area of Lake and Everest Road for the report of an older male who had flagged down the caller and inquired about directions to the golf course. The man was reported to have seemed very lost and perhaps confused. The roads and surrounding areas were searched, though no man was located.
Cobble Hill Rd / Wells Rd-9:23 p.m.
- Ofc. McQueen and Cpl. Grenier assisted Fire with the location and recovery of a man who was injured in the woods near Cobble Hill. While riding ATVs in the woods, a pair of individuals got stuck. While attempting to walk out of the woods, one of the individuals accidentally walked off of a cliff. The uninjured party was able to call for help for a nearby residence. Ofc. McQueen was able to transport the uninjured man to meet with fire and rescue to bring them to the injured man. He was later recovered from the woods and in stable condition when transported to the UVMMC.
Deer Run-4:17 p.m.
- Ofc. Jones met with a resident on Deer Run to discuss an issue with the sale of a motorcycle to another individual. Though the matter is likely to be handled in Civil Court, Ofc. Jones documented the issues.
Ethan Allen Hwy / Maplefields, Georgia, VT-5:05 p.m.
- While on Patrol in the area of Ethan Allen Highway, Sgt. Locke initiated a traffic stop on a vehicle where the operator’s privilege to operate a motor vehicle in the State of Vermont was currently under suspension. The driver was issued a citation and will appear in court at a later date.
Boysenberry Dr-2:16 a.m.
- Ofc. Noel was dispatched to a residence on Boysenberry Drive with the report of teenagers roughhousing and being disruptive. Upon meeting with the subjects, they advised they would keep it down for the rest of the evening.
Lake Rd, St Albans Town, VT- 9:04 a.m.
- Ofc. Jones assisted the Franklin County Sherriff’s Office who had requested the deployment of K9 Biscotti for a vehicle that had been seized. K9 Biscotti did alert to the presence of the odor of illegal narcotics/drugs in the vehicle.
Us Route 7 S-12:43 a.m.
- While on patrol, Ofc. Noel noted a set on lights on inside a business that had not been on earlier in the evening. The front door of the business had also been propped open. The interior of the premises was secured and an employee arrived on scene to close and lock the doors. The employee advised someone had been in to drop something off and had not locked up after themselves.
Gonyeau Rd-12:59 p.m.
- Officers from MPD were dispatch to a report of an assault and robbery on Gonyeau road in Milton. Full details of the incident are available in the Press Release by Milton Police.
Stone Bridge Rd, Georgia, VT-8:38 p.m.
- Ofc. Schiavo was dispatched to the area of Stone Bridge Road in Georgia where it was reported that an intoxicated male was laying on the ground talking to a cat. Upon making contact, the male was noted to have indeed been consuming alcohol, but was not overly intoxicated. The male did live nearby and went home.
US Route 7 S-8:58 p.m.
- Sgt. Philbrook responded to the parking lot of Hannaford’s for the report of two females in a vehicle who were nodding off. Upon arrival, the vehicle was unoccupied. Sgt. Philbrook waited in the area for the return of the individuals, though no one arrived and nothing further was required.