To place a classified or to discuss rates, please contact Gail at the St. Albans Messenger at firstname.lastname@example.org or 524-9771 (ext. 117).
MATTRESS SET, QUEEN, size. Brand new, still in the plastic, matching box spring. $150. Can help with delivery if needed. Call if interested. 802-870-0998
STATE OF VERMONT SUPERIOR COURT, CIVIL DIVISION, CHITTENDEN UNIT. DOCKET NO. 181-2-14 Cncv IN RE: ABANDONED MOBILE HOME OF DELBERTA BRACE ORDER FOR HEARING. A hearing on The Housing Foundation, Inc.’s Verified Complaint to declare as abandoned and uninhabitable the mobile home of Delberta Brace located at 101 West Milton Road, Lot #55, Birchwood Manor Mobile Home Park, Milton, Vermont has been set for March 11, 2014 at 9:00 a.m. at the Vermont Superior Court, Chittenden Unit, Civil Division located at 175 Main Street in Burlington, Vermont. Joie McFerran, Docket Clerk. Date: 2/18/14.
VERIFIED COMPLAINT: NOW COMES The Housing Foundation, Inc. (“HFI”), by and through its counsel Nadine L. Scibek, and hereby complains as follows:
1. HFI, a Vermont non-profit corporation with a principal place of business in Montpelier, County of Washington, State of Vermont, is the record owner of a mobile home park known as Birchwood Manor Mobile Home Park located in the Town of Milton, Vermont (the “Park”).
2. Delberta Brace (“Brace”) is the record owner of a certain mobile home located on Lot #55, Birchwood Manor Mobile Home Park, 101 West Milton Road in Milton, Vermont.
3. Brace leased a lot in the Park for her mobile home from HFI pursuant to a written lease.
4. Owner Brace died on May 9, 2013. She was the sole occupant of the mobile home. No probate estate has been opened.
5. The mobile home is unoccupied and has been abandoned. No family or interested parties have come forward to assume responsibility for this mobile home since Owner Brace’s death. Plaintiff’s counsel contacted Owner Brace’s heirs. They have no interest in the mobile home as it is in poor condition. The lot rent of $289.00/month has also not been paid since her death. See attached account history. All of the utility services to the mobile home have been terminated. The last known resident of the mobile home was Owner Brace. The mobile home is not habitable.
6. The following security interests, mortgages, liens and encumbrances appear of record with respect to the mobile home:
a. Owner Brace is in arrears on obligations to pay property taxes to the Town of Milton, Vermont in the aggregate amount of $324.39. The delinquent property taxes are now a lien on the property.
7. Mobile home storage fees continue to accrue at the rate of $289.00 per month. Rent, storage fees and late charges due HFI as of February 13, 2014 total $2,316.02. Court costs from this action total $262.50 and attorney’s fees incurred by HFI to date exceed $500.00.
8. HFI sent written notice by certified mail to the Town of Milton on December 20, 2013 of HFI’s intent to commence this abandonment action. See attached.
9. The mobile home is uninhabitable. Doreen Phillips, Property Manager, will testify under oath at the hearing as to the poor and unlivable condition of this mobile home at the abandonment hearing.
WHEREFORE, HFI respectfully requests that the Honorable Court enter an order as follows:
1. Declare that the mobile home has been abandoned;
2. Transfer the mobile home which is unfit for human habitation to the Park owner, HFI without a public auction so that it may be removed and disposed of accordingly.
DATED AT Burlington, Vermont this 13th day of February, 2014. Nadine L. Scibek, Esq., Attorney for The Housing Foundation, Inc. DATED at Montpelier, Vermont this 13th day of February, 2014. By: Doreen Phillips, Duly Authorized Agent
The Housing Foundation, Inc. VERIFICATION STATE OF VERMONT WASHINGTON COUNTY, SS. On this 13th day of February, 2014, Doreen Phillips, duly authorized agent of The Housing Foundation, Inc., owner of the Birchwood Manor Mobile Home Park in Milton, Vermont, being first duly sworn, made oath that she has read the foregoing Complaint, and that the facts contained therein are true. Before me, Deborah Hickory, Notary Public. My Commission Expires: 2/10/15.
Driver’s Ed for teens! The Right Way Driving School is now accepting registration for driver’s ed for teens. The class meets at Essex High every Tuesday and Thursday from 4-6, beginning April 3 thru May 29. Cost is $700.00. To register go to www.therightwaydrivingschool.com or email email@example.com. The Right Way Driving School is a third party examiner. 372-4791.
TOOL WIZARD. Repair air and electric tools. Small engines. All pick and delivery available. 10% off Military and retirees. ID required. Please leave a message. Contact Kevin: 802-343-8690.
Want a great start to 2014? Let Lafayette Painting give your home a beautiful, fresh look, within a day. Call 802-863-5397 to hear about our lower winter rates and have a Happy New Year! LafayettePaintingInc.com.
SEEKING MEMBERS for Milton Arrowheads, men’s baseball league. Must be at least 35 years old. Games played Sundays, April-August. Email: Norm Babineau at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I am simply a Christian with no denominational ties. I am interested in contacting others of like mind or those who would like to explore what the New Testament actually says about what a Christian is. Call me (Kieran) if you’re interested 802-893-8238.