Join the Milton Independent for the 5th Annual Monster Mile! And new this year, 5K for 5 Years!
Saturday, October 21, 2017
Registration begins at 2pm
5K Participants lead off promptly at 2:30pm
A fun run/walk/stroll for the whole family – adults, kids and pets! Come out in your Halloween best to support the Milton Family Community Center Food Shelf! Prizes will be awarded for best costumes! Enjoy spooky tunes, and visit our petting zoo for close encounters with some furry friends. All Breed Rescue will also be there with some of their available dogs!
- Adult – $10 (per person)
- Adult Couple – $15
- Family of Four – $25 (+$5 per additional person)
- Individual Child – $5 (17 and under, per person)
- Youth Groups (Scouts, youth sports teams entering as a group, etc. Min. 15 participants) – $5 (per person)
ONLINE REGISTRATION IS CLOSED. YOU MAY REGISTER ON-SITE TOMORROW STARTING AT 2PM!
You will be redirected to make your payment safely and securely via PayPal. Don’t have a PayPal account? You can pay with a credit card or bank account though PayPal as well! Your registration is not complete until we receive payment.
IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS OR ISSUES WITH REGISTRATION, CALL KIM AT 524-9771 X107.
Print Registration Forms Also Available
Registration forms can be downloaded here:
Monster Mile Registration Form
An online or printed registration form must be filled out in full and submitted to participate in the Monster Mile event.
5K Fun Run Course
Rules & Regulations:
Runners: Principles of good sportsmanship apply at all times. Please adhere to crossing guard and police officers’ directions at road crossings.
Walkers: Please let faster participants pass you.
Costumes are encouraged, but must be safe and provide a full field of vision and not impede other participants. Monster Mile organizers retain the right to refuse any participants’ costumes that are deemed unsafe or immoral.
The event begins in front of the Milton Outdoor Performance Center in Bombardier Park West in Milton.
Back this year: A fall-inspired bake-off! We’re reserving 20 spots for home bakers to enter their seasonal treat for judging by our Mile participants. Contact us at email@example.com today to reserve your spot. Read the rules below.
Bake-Off Official Rules and Guidelines
1. Limit 20 participants. Participants must confirm entry in the bake-off by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with their name and recipe; they will be notified of participation status with receipt.
2. Participants should provide samples (roughly 2×2 in) of their baked goods – e.g. two dozen cookies/cupcakes/brownies cut into quarters – to allow about 100 people to sample. For larger items, like a cake or pie, one is sufficient, to be cut into samples (use your judgement).
3. Samples must be pre-portioned. We will not provide knives or serving apparatus.
4. Participants will not be charged an entrance fee, but additional family mebers/friends – including those who wish to participate in the Mile – must register in advance and pay a fee.
5. Participants must be in charge of their own clean up after the event.
- Plan to arrive at 1:45pm with your baked good to check in and set-up. Event attendees will begin arriving at 2pm to start sampling food before the run begins at 2:30pm.
- Upon arrival please check in with an event volunteer at the registration desk. You will be assigned a table space and a number with a corresponding jar for voting.
- Each Monster Mile attendee will receive one token upon arrival. Throughout the afternoon, they can sample baked goods and will be instructed to vote for their favorite treat using their tokens in the corresponding jar.
- First, second and third place winners who receive the most tokens in their jars will be awarded prizes at the events conclusion.
Thank you to our Sponsors
In consideration of the acceptance of this registration entry, I, the undersigned, assume full and complete responsibility for any injury or accident, which may occur during my participation in the event, or while I am on the premises of this event. I hereby release and hold harmless the Milton Independent Monster Mile Organizers or any of its sponsors, organizers, volunteers, or other entities associated with this event and their agents or employees from any and all injury or damage whether such injury or damage be caused by the negligence, the gross negligence, or misrepresentation of the sponsors, promoters, contributors, or any other person or entity associated directly or indirectly with the event, or their agents or employees. I will not enter or participate unless medically able and properly trained. I also know that, although police protection will be provided, there may be traffic on the course route. I assume the risk associated with this event, including but not limited to cold weather, and the conditions of the roads, all such risks being known and appreciated by me. Fees are non-refundable. Further, I hereby grant full permission to any and all of the foregoing to use any photographs, videotapes, motion picture, recordings, or any other record of the event. I understand that it is at the discretion of the Milton Independent Monster Mile committee to cancel or alter race for any reason that could potentially endanger the participants.
By registering online I have read the foregoing and certify my agreement or my parent or guardian if under 18.